In like a lion, out like a lamb. March was intense at work, building up to a finale that wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated. Because of the general "busy" state of things, there wasn't much going on in the makeup department. Usually I'd just throw on mascara, some gloss and head out the door. It was really nice actually; sometimes simple is good. Unlike last month, this month was pretty nail polish full. Manis and pedis are relaxing, colorful, and low maintenance!
1. China Glaze Zombie Zest- A completely gross name, but a good polish. It's an olive-gold sparkle that's really flattering on my warm skin tone (swatches here)
2. OPI San Tan-Tonio- A buttery smooth tan that is comfortable nudish neutral. I loved this as both mani and pedis (swatches here)
3. Sephora by OPI Fiercely Fabulous- A fire-y warm red. I like this on my toes to perk me up (swatches here)
4. NARS Orgasm- My HG blush. It gives me the perfect sheer natural flush. (seen here)
5. OPI Not Like the Movies- A complex grey with pink and green sheen. (swatches here)
6. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara- A mini size that came in a Bare Escentuals Eye Kit. This mascara is surprisingly great. It delivers both volume and length to my lashes, and they keep their curl as well. If I didn't have such a large mascara stash, I'd definitely consider repurchasing, since the price is a little lower than other high end mascaras (and no parabens, I think). There was a lot of product in the tube, even though it was a mini. I've been using it heavily for over a month and there's still product left!
7. Urban Decay Primer Potion- This stuff is just necessary for oily lids. Tube form is great.
8. Bobbi Brown Cool Eyeshadow Palette- I switched things up, and instead of my warm palette, I've been using the cool palette. I found that layering Flint (the cool taupe color) along with Rockstar (the light silver) looks really pretty. I usually don't layer colors, but I might experiment with that more. (more pictures here)
The warmer weather has me craving the sunkissed look, so I ordered myself a shimmery bronzer. I've never bought bronzer before because I'm one of few who'd rather not look more tan.... and generally the purpose of bronzer is to look more tan. I'm hoping to use it to highlight, rather than darken my complexion! I also have a matte bronzer (unused by mom, bestowed to me) that I'll try contouring with. Contouring is a pretty alien concept to me, so we'll see how that goes. Good suggestions are desperately needed!! =)
Thanks for reading! I hope everyone's week is chugging along well... I think I need a few more zzzZs already.