Here's a quick mid-week snapshot of what I've been toting around recently. I try to keep my makeup bag light so I'm not breaking my back over my face! Usually I just switch out lip stuff to whatever I'm using that day.
1. Tokidoki Nail File - I bought this in a pack of three. Each one has a different pattern, but I really liked the pink and blue graphics on this one and "Diamante" the little angry diamond on it. There's a nice little plastic case to keep the sandpaper from scratching everything else in my bag! This nail file will last forever, because I rarely use them to shape my nails. It's just there in lieu of nail clippers, since I'm OCD about keeping my nails short!
2. Pacifica Blood Orange Body Butter - I love the raspberry-orange smell of this creme. In fact, almost everyone loves it! The texture is nice too, and no parabens.
3. Chanel Nakkar Glossimer - I've been in the mood for bright juicy colors. So I've been toting around this gloss, even though I hate residues glosses leave behind. Nakkar is a really pretty strawberry pink (see more Nakkar here)
4. Shiseido Blotting Paper - Shiseido is a bad bad bad animal tester that I don't buy from normally. However, my mom got me these from Marshall's, so I don't feel so bad, since cosmetics that end up there are things that no-one wants, and profit margins for the original department store that purchased it is probably quite low. I rarely use these because a tissue usually does the trick, so it's been in my makeup bag for months.
5. Burt's Bees Pomegranate Replenishing Lip balm - one of my many Burt's lip balms. This one is really soothing and replenishing (like the name) to my lips if they're feeling flaky or dry from lip gloss residue. It's a tad oilier and less waxy than the original mint Burt's bees, as well as the Honey balm, which is why it feels better going on. I think it's a bit oily to be ideal to put under a lip product though; I'd recommend original instead. There's also a slight mauve tint, which is nice.
6. Burt's bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream - Smells great and citrusy. I don't use it often, but the tin is light and easy to carry around. The consistency is pretty waxy/thick so I think it'll stay good longer than a lot of cremes. I keep it around in case I don't have room to carry around heavier tubes of lotion.
Overall, I've been a bit confused about my makeup lately; I've been experimenting with different neutral eyes and different lips. It's mostly been a slightly more smoked eye rather than the "bright" look I've been wearing for spring. And, I've been craving new lighter lippies lately. I think we've reached the "in-between" point for spring-summer makeup. Maybe it's time to splurge on a tube of the new Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color I've been eying for a while now. Otherwise, life is really good. I can't believe it's only Tuesday! Hope the week's treating you well so far!