As you probably know by now, I picked up writing about perfume on Cute and Mundane several months ago at the encouragement of the person who knows me best. I have no extensive background or special knowledge when it comes to fragrance; I just like smells of all sorts, and enjoy following my nose. Perfume reviews are relaxing to write; all I need to do is smell, and a story will unfold itself. (Whether the reviews are relaxing or interesting to read is another story.... so thanks to those who do read them!) Up until this point, I've been penning my reviews mostly while living in my own simple bubble of sniffing, then scribbling. However, recently, I've grown curious about what else is out there. With that in mind, I added a couple perfume blogs to my diet and ordered a few books to read..... for fun! Typically on Friday Five, I share a few links to online reads I've enjoyed. This Friday, I'm sharing the five paper-print reads that made it onto my bookshelf this week:
- Essence & Alchemy : A Natural History of Perfume by Mandy Aftel
- Perfume : The Alchemy of Scent by Jean-Claude Ellena
- Perfumes : The A-Z Guide by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez
- The Little Book of Perfumes : The Hundred Classics by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez
- The Perfect Scent : A Year Inside the Perfume Industry in Paris and New York by Chandler Burr.