|Left to Right: Chanel Glossimer in Nakkar, Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Rosy, Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Petal, NARS Lip Gloss in Greek Holiday, Estee Lauder High Gloss in Rose, Buxom Lip Gloss in Amber|
|Swatches outdoor in sunlight.|
1. Chanel Glossimer in Nakkar - My favorite gloss formula of the bunch. No odor, and not too shiny. The gloss is slippery enough and doesn't leave too much residue. I love the warm pink color.
2. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Rosy- A really pretty bright pink. Bobbi Brown formula isn't sticky, but it is thick and the applicator is with a brush. Bobbi Brown glosses are the most pigmented out of those I have; the color is noticeable. The smell is vanilla, which is nice. My only issue is that the thick gloss dries down to a thicker residue.
3. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Petal- This isn't as bright in real life. On my lips it's a nice nude pink that matches my lips well. See above for notes on formula
4. NARS Lip Gloss in Greek Holiday- A sheer champagne gloss with gold sparkles. I thought this would be way to shiny for my lips, however I was pleasantly surprised. The major downside is the strong plastic smell when you initially put it on!
5. Estee Lauder High Gloss in Rose- This color reminds me of NARS O. I haven't worn it a lot since I don't like the fruity smells of EL.
6. Buxom Lip Gloss in Amber- This light peachy gloss was my favorite last summer, as you can tell by the emptiness of the tube. I love most things about Buxom glosses, including smell (vanilla), the smooth non-sticky texture, and the fresh tingly minty feeling. The one thing I don't like is the super shine, since I don't want my already full lips to look enormous!
Overall, my favorites are the Chanel and the Buxom. I would love the Buxom most if the shine were toned down a bit, because I love the minty feeling. Hopefully I'll get a lot of use out of these glosses this summer, because the colors are really pretty and I'd hate for them to go to waste!
Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this post! Do any of you feel the same way about gloss? Or are you year-round gloss fiends? Any favorite formulas?