I've been obsessing over the 'Shark Bite' manicure in the March 2013 issue of Harper's BAZAAR, as I shared earlier this week on Instagram (see here). The look was originally designed by CND's Kristina Eastbrooks for the Blonds. I love how it plays upon the black and white graphic look that's been trending in fashion this spring. (Plus, I've been secretly hoping for something to replace the nail-shortening Ruffian). I'm hoping to play around with this look myself; if I get the hang of it, maybe it'll make an appearance on the blog! In the meantime, here are five of my favorite reads this week, mostly pertaining to NARS, new launches, and New York Fashion Week (NYFW):
1. A pictoral history of the red lip on NYTimes.
2. Stunning colors, lines, and shapes in Narciso Rodriguez Fall 2013. NYTimes slide show.
3. I'm swooning over Ommorphia's swatches of Butter London Spring 2013.
4. Say what? Essie is using 3,250 bottles of nail polish during NYFW and more at WSJ.
5. I've been admiring NARS And God Created the Woman on Will Work for Makeup.
Thanks for reading! Would you wear the 'Shark Bite' mani? What makeup and/or fashion looks did you enjoy from NYFW? What new products are you looking forward to?