Friday, May 24, 2013
Friday Five : Hermès Chicago edition
Happy Friday! It's been a beyond-busy couple of months for me, spent putting the finishing touches on my graduate dissertation. This week, I finally had the much needed chance to relax and head downtown with a good friend. We stopped the Hermès boutique on Chicago's Oak St., and I snapped a photo (as seen in my Instagram feed) of a gorgeous scarf in the window display; if you look closely, you can see the reflections of pedestrians, a Prada boutique, and myself!
As you might know, I have a soft spot for Hermès perfumes (composed by in-house perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena), so I had to stop in for a sniff. While Hermès perfume series like the Jardins, Merveilles, and Les Colognes are available elsewhere to varying degrees, the Hermessences seem to be more exclusive to the boutique. I tried some of the Hermessence perfumes that I'd been looking forward to sniffing for some time, including Rose Ikebana, Iris Ukiyoé, and Osmanthe Yunnan. They were as wonderful as I could have hoped for; I'm hoping to make another visit if/when new Hermès Les Colognes in Eau de Narcisse Bleu and Eau de Mandarine Ambrée become available. Of course, in addition to perfume, I got a chance to admire the displays of Hermès cuffs, saddles, and other good things! On that note, here is my Friday Five list of favorite reads this week:
1. The Beauty Look Book compares Dior Gel Top Coat with Chanel Laque Brilliance Extreme.
2. Bois de Jasmin tells a tale of incense and intrigue with Tom Ford Sahara Noir.
3. The Former Girl at Bar shares the brilliant blue of Urban Decay Chaos 24/7 liner.
4. Grain de Musc revels in Hermès Eau de Narcisse Bleu.
5. Best Things in Beauty has a fresh lip color in Tom Ford Cherry Lush.
Thanks for reading! What are you up to this weekend? What scents have you checked off of your to-try list lately?