Sunday, October 2, 2011
Recently Cute and Mundane surpassed the two-hundred follower mark. It was a very happy moment for me during a busy time last month. Gosh, I can still remember my excitement at the twenty follower mark. Thank you to all my readers and fellow bloggers for your support, comments, links, tweets, and the time you take to read my blog. I'm so grateful and it really wouldn't be the same without you!
Blogging is full of emotional ups and downs. Something that always puts things back into perspective is to read blogging advice entries written by fellow beauty bloggers. In the spirit of blogging and two-hundred followers, I thought I would post some of the things I've picked up along the way!
1. Don't sweat the # of followers. It's only a number and not a measure of you or your blog's quality.
2. Know your goal. What is most important to you? Followers, comments, page views, money earned, blogging friends, writing, quality, or something else? Once you prioritize what's most important to you, you can focus on getting there.
3. Know your strengths. What are you good at in real life? Personality? Writing? Organization? Chances are you can use those same skills on your blog.
4. Try new things. This can include a new type of post, a new blog layout, or trying out twitter for the first time (like moi). Variety is the spice of life!
5. Stay within your means. This refers to time and money. We all have different means. Don't put yourself into monetary or emotional debt over a blog. Expensive products and large numbers of entries do not a good blog make. Creativity and quality are much more valuable.
6. Treat your readers like people, and not numbers! They take time from their day to read your blog. It's nice to show you care. An easy way to do this is to respond to comments, if possible.
Thanks for reading my celebratory entry! Do you have any perspective / advice you've learned as a blogger (or reader) over time?
P.S. I've accumulated a few shiny new things that I'm excited to share over the coming days, including some LUSH goodies and a Bobbi Brown Holiday 2011 palette.
P.S.S. The strawberry lip gloss owl was a gift from a friend. Isn't it adorable?