Friday, December 14, 2012
Friday Five : Christmas stocking edition
Happy Friday! It's that time of the year when life is swirling about like a snowstorm; there's work, family and friends, and holiday preparations. This weekend, I have to catch up on holiday cards and Christmas shopping. After all, there are stockings (above) that need to be filled! I'm thinking Baby Bird might like a new toy (or perhaps a bag of chicken treats?).
Amidst the flurry of preparations, I've been enjoying displays of festive spirit and bright lights about town. The rails of apartment perches shine with individual strands, while the pinnacles of the Willis (a.k.a. Sears) tower and other Chicago skyscrapers boast red and green lights that can be seen from miles away. They certainly add cheer to chilly winter nights! Speaking of cold winter nights, what could be better than tucking in on a Friday evening with some good reads? Here are five great blog posts that caught my eye this week:
1. Front Row Beauty shares a cool contouring tutorial.
2. Atlantic Pacific wears stripes that stand out in a fog.
3. Beauty Look Book has swatches of the new JINsoon nail lacquers.
4. The Notice photographs a stairwell (think M.C. Escher!)
5. Best Things in Beauty shares a beautifully patterned compact from Chanel Spring 2013.
Thanks for reading! What are you doing this weekend? Have you finished your holiday preparations? Do you buy Christmas presents for your pet?