Happy Friday! This past week, I've been all over the place in terms of work and amusement. So, today's post is a patchwork diary of five highlights from my week: One, I watched the Presidential Inauguration. The program was inspiring and I was reminded how lucky we Americans are to live in a nation where a peaceful turnover of power is the norm. Two, I received a very fragrant package. I've been enjoying my bottle of Balenciaga Florabotanica, as well as the deluxe samples of Gucci Première and Balenciaga Paris that came with it. Three, I mixed up my blush routine. When things get busy, I stick with neutrals for eyes, but try to alternate blush colors to keep things interesting. Four, I finally filled my Bumble and Bumble bag with empty beauty products. It took me months, I'm still a grasshopper when it compared to 'empties' masters like Beauty Reductionista! Five, the Baltimore Ravens are headed to the Superbowl, which, if you read last week's Friday Five, means that my Essie Lilacism pedi stays on! Finally, as per usual, I have an eclectic selection of my five favorite articles on the web this week:
1. Michelle Obama went with Jason Wu (again) for the inaugural ball! On NYTimes.
2. Have you tried Twitter Vine, the new video sharing app? On NYTimes Bits.
3. Café Makeup has a beautiful montage of Chanel Spring / Summer 2013.
4. I'm not one to resist a good haul post, especially if it's on Pretty Pink Lips.
5. Chanel Fantasque looks fantastic on Mostly Sunny.
Thanks for reading! Did you watch the Inauguration and/or NFL playoffs? What were some of your newest beauty purchases or pick-me-ups? Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?