July has been a busy, busy month for me! With a new line of work and pressing schedule, I've had less time to dabble, and instead have relied on a few select favorites to get me through the month. Today I'm sharing a few of my favorite things for July 2013. Enjoy!
1. Harper's BAZAAR (August 2013) - Harper's BAZAAR is my favorite subscription, hands down. The photography is gorgeous --- and this month especially so! I was blown away by the August 2013 cover and its stunning southwest scenery. Traveling to National Parks is one of my passions --- and I loved how it reminded me of my trip to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks a couple years ago (see my photos here and here).
2. CHANEL Double Perfection Lumière Foundation in B20 - This has been my foundation BFF for the past few months. Thanks to a busier schedule, I've had less time in the morning to prep - a powder foundation definitely saves time!
3. Diptyque Baies Mini Candle - This was a surprise gift from Mr. Lovey! Blackcurrant and rose make a stunning combination. I'm also loving samples of Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau, which is the companion fragrance to Baies.
4. NARS Exotic Dance eyeshadow duo (reviewed here) - I tend to shy away from golds, however given the current climate I can't seem to get enough of it! This oldie-but-goodie has been getting some much deserved love this month.
5. Kate Spade Earrings - My golden boat earrings from Kate Spade are my favorite accessory purchase this summer. I have the matching bracelet as well, which you may have seen on my Instagram feed!
I'm definitely getting a warm vibe from my July favorites --- with the flaming rocks and rich gold tones seen here. Being from Chicago's cold climate, I suppose I can't help but revel in the heat of summer!
Thanks for reading --- and I hope everyone's had a great summer so far! What are colors and products you're loving right now?
Beautiful picks. It's been forever since I've had a subscription to Harpers Bazaar - I need to renew!ReplyDelete
When SAKS has their Beauty event - there is usually a card for a free year of Harper's - good dealReplyDelete
Love your faves Dovey! I don't think I've ever read an issue of Harper's though-it does look like a great mag though!ReplyDelete
beautiful choices! i never read that magazine but follow candice on instagram and saw her take the photos, now i see what they were for! ohh ive always wanted that candle, i need my mr. lovely to pick me up one~!ReplyDelete
I love your favorites and the way you have them laid on your blog. I wish I knew how to do that! I would love to go to the different national parks. I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon. Maybe someday. I live in Oregon, so I've been to a lot of the waterfall parks and ones in Bend. I don't remember the name, but I went to a famous forest in California once with my cousin. I love going on hikes. I also love those cute boat earrings.ReplyDelete
I'm in love with NARS shadows and that Exotic Dance duo looks amazing. I hope it's still available! I've been loving gold, myself, both for summer and fall, for the past couple years. You've talked me into checking out Harper's Bazaar, too. DH and I took a road trip through Idaho and southern Utah to the Grand Canyon and it was some of the prettiest country either of us had seen. We went by way of Zion, though, and hope to get to the Arches someday soon.ReplyDelete
Cute little boats! I have also been using powder foundations lately, and I forgot how much I loved their simplicity :)ReplyDelete
Ooh I'm definitely loving those earrings. So perfect for the summer. I like how they're a darker bronzier gold too.ReplyDelete
Hey Dovey, what wonderful picks! The earrings are so cute! I have recently discovered EL Double Wear Light and it's pretty much the only foundation I've tried so far that wouldn't melt off my face in the Taipei heat!ReplyDelete
Gold eye shadow for summer? I wouldn't have expected it, but I have to agree it's an amazing choice! Absolutely gorgeous choice, Dovey!ReplyDelete
Love those earrings Dovey! Beautiful photo layout :)ReplyDelete
I have also used the CHANEL Double Perfection Lumière Foundation in B20 and i so love it. I even repurchased it.ReplyDelete
Love the shadow duo and the boat earrings. :) I'm interested in exploring Chanel's foundations at last. Would be great to see a full review on the ones you have!ReplyDelete
I like Chanel's universalle pressed powder and also heard good things about their matte version. Love your picks and they certainly exude a summer vibe. Cute earrings!! And blackcurrent and rose in a candle?! I hope there's a perfume version!!ReplyDelete