1. Vermilion sweater (St. John) + orange patterned blouse (GAP) - I paired a favorite vermilion sweater with an orange print, to mimic the complementary colors of the pumpkins.
2. OPI Did you 'ear about Van Gogh? (reviewed here) - This shade reminds me of wheat fields ready for harvest; it's an appropriate sentiment, given Van Gogh's proclivity for the subject in his artwork.
3. Essie nail polish in Blanc* -This color channels the pale white of the albino pumpkins, as well as little bedsheet phantasms that will appear on neighborhood sidewalks later on this month!
4. Dior Vernis in Riviera (reviewed here) -I find that sporting a bright vermilion is a chic alternative to classic jack-o-lantern orange this month.
5. CHANEL Double Perfection Lumière powder foundation - I'm proud to say I hit pan on this foundation! Needless to say, it's still getting a lot of love.
6. Diptyque satchel - I love little logo pouches and was tickled when Mr. Lovey brought this one home for me. It's perfect for housing my collection of Diptyque perfume samples! (Be sure to check out my Diptyque perfume reviews here).
|The perfect storage solution for my collection of Diptyque samples!|
Thanks for reading! What kind of colors and cosmetics are inspiring you this October?
*Disclosure: This post contains product(s) sent to Cute and Mundane for consideration. The ideas and opinions in this post are genuine and my own.
Hey Dovey, great picks! My friend gave me a pumpkin the other day (from her in-laws vegetable garden), and I'll be making pumpkin soup this weekend!ReplyDelete
I've been wearing a lot of khaki lately! It's one of my favorite shades, and the season is just right ;)
Hi Sunny, What a delightful gift! A homegrown pumpkin sounds amazing!Delete
Khaki sounds like a great color for the season as well :)
happy October, Dovey! :)ReplyDelete
Dior Rivera goes perfectly well with your sweater, it seems!
i recently started using the Chanel compact myself. I got B10 but it is still a tad darker than my complexion. other than that, i'm pretty happy with it. do you apply with wet sponge as well? just curious. :)
Thank you Lena! It's great to hear that you're a Chanel Double Perfection Lumière as well! I actually apply mine dry with the sponge. I use a thicker moisturizer beforehand to make sure my skin isn't too dry for powder!Delete
Happy October Dovey! Love the shades you've been loving! I bet it just brightens up your pretty face!ReplyDelete
What about lips though? What have you been loving for lips? You have such impeccable taste, so I'd love to know!
Happy October Tracy! Thanks so much for the sweet comment! Lips have been tricky; I've been leaning towards nude shades with a little sheen. My favorite lippie of the moment is Chanel Indécise :)Delete
Fantastic photos, loving all the colors represented so boldly!ReplyDelete
HI J, Thank you so much!Delete
Dior Riviera is my favourite nail polish. I think it's perfect for all seasons.ReplyDelete
Hi BooBooNinja, it IS such a wonderful color :)Delete
For me this month of October I'm fascinated with orange and red shades. :) xoReplyDelete
Hi Briamagee, Orange and red sounds like a great combination!Delete
i'm not one for orange but i sure do like fall. :) That diptyque pouch is adorable, where did he find it??ReplyDelete
Hi Joyce, orange can be a tricky color to wear! The pouch is from Diptyque, directly, I believe!Delete