Smells like spring! I sat on the porch for a few minutes this morning just soaking up the sun. The end of April means fewer rain showers (I hope), May flowers, and... time for monthly makeup favorites!
1. NARS Blush in Orgasm - HG. Some people don't like the high sheen to pigment ratio, but I love it. I think face shape plays a role--- those with rounder or fuller cheeks or faces probably wouldn't like this, however those in need of more fullness in the cheek area (like me) will love it. See more here.
2. Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer in Aruba - My newest bronzing powder that gives a barely perceptible glow. This is great because the whole "bronzed goddess" look really isn't my thing. It does give me a subtly more tanned look that is impossible to overdo.
3. Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black - I've gone back to this liner after using wet powder shadows previously. It gives a great strong black line that's easier to apply since extra steps (like wetting brush) aren't required)
4. Smashbox eyeshadow trio - This was part of a recent 500 point perk from Sephora (in fact, it's probably still available now if you're interested and have points). The trio is composed of vanilla, champagne and bronze shades that are great for a soft wearable eye. This was my first experience with Smashbox products, and I have to say I was pretty impressed at the texture and quality of colors. I prefer more dramatic shades, so I'm passing this palette along to my mom, but I'll definitely be looking into more Smashbox in the future.
5. EcoTools Bronzer Brush - My favorite brush (see it here). I still use this everyday for blush, and find it hard to believe that it's less than $10!
6. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in Beige Pastel - I had more skin issues this month so I was using foundation more frequently. The water based formula doesn't irritate my sensitive skin (at least not that much). I just looked at a couple pictures of myself with friends recently, and my skin looked great =). Read more on Vitalumiere Aqua here.
7. Benefit Brow Zings in Dark - A recent acquisition, not completely of my own volition since I'm not a Benefit fan. Due to an event (I'll write about later) I had to buy $50 worth of Benefit. It's a tinted wax that is supposed to shade and hold your brows in place. I use it everyday, and it does make my brows look pretty good, albeit a tad too dark.
8. Bobbi Brown Dress for Success eyeshadow palette - At first, I didn't think the looks I'd create from these colors could be that versatile, seeing as two out of five colors were dark liner shades, and the white is a base shade. However, I found that shading my lids in the shimmery nude then blending the navy blue in the outer V made for a really pretty smoky eye.
9. Bobbi Brown Extreme Party mascara - My favorite mascara thus far. Although it doesn't give the mega impact that others might give with fewer layers, I prefer this formula and brush since the clumping is minimized and my lashes stay separated.
10. Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF15 in Bare Pink (not pictured) - A really pale nude with a hint of pink that balances out a heavier eye. I'll feature a few Rich Lip colors in the blog soon. These lippies really deliver on creamy texture and rich color. Grade: A+
Here's a closeup of this month's products so you can get an idea of the general color scheme I've been going with. They're natural tones, with a fresh pop of blush, and some navy smokiness in the eye.
And a closeup of one of my favorite houseplants: the zebra succulent. Aren't the stripes fun?
I hope you enjoyed this month's edition of favorites! I can already tell that next month will be different. So far I've been playing around with NARS Orgasm illuminator and dusted off my Urban Decay Naked palette. I've got my eyes on a couple NARS products and maybe a MAC lippie. We'll see what happens.
Any favorites out there? I hope you're enjoying the new green buds and balmier weather too!
All those products look gorgeous! I love how consistent you are with choices month after month. I am still looking for my HG Blush and Eyeshadow colors.ReplyDelete
That plant is cool looking! It reminds me of my Aloe Vera plant. Today I moved it into my outdoor garden for the summer since the weather is so nice. Sun = Happy Plant :)
love your plant :) and great post :)ReplyDelete
wow, what great choices! All the products looks/sounds great. Looking forward to your Rich Lip colour post!ReplyDelete
Tasha - =) I'm a creature of habit, so things don't change radically! I have an aloe plant that's looking a little beaten up too. I've never tried putting it outside, but maybe I should.ReplyDelete
Shel - Thanks, and thanks for visiting!
Penelope - I hope I'll get them up soon. I don't have the lip-picture skills you do, so the post is still a work in progress!