Saturday, September 24, 2011
Little luxuries for stress relief
I should be tooling away on my project, but I have an itchy trigger finger when it comes to photographs. I decided to oblige myself with a couple of camera phone pics. Today I'm sharing some of the products that give me some stress relief. When I'm busy, I gravitate towards bath and body products with scents, textures, and fragrances. These little luxuries for the senses are more keenly appreciated during these times.
Some of the things I've been reaching for are:
1. Dior Addict 2 - This is my most used fragrance. It's a strong feminine, floral, sweet, and very optimistic scent. It's young, but I think it still represents my personality quite well.
2. DKNY Be Delicious - I've spritzed this once in a while since it's apple season. It's more of a simple fruity tomboy type scent. Not my usual MO, but it's good to mix things up.
3. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser - I rediscovered this from my skincare stash. It's a very gentle cleanser with a lot of slip and a clean cucumber scent. The slip allows me to massage my face longer without tugging. I really like the scent too. This cleanser is not a heavy duty cleanser though! I only use it after my makeup has been completely removed or in the mornings.
4. LUSH Tea Tree Water - This is an astringent spray with tea tree and juniper. I'm not sure how effective its blemish fighting capacity is, however the smell and feeling is relaxing. A spritz on my face is a nice picker-upper while I'm working.
5. LUSH Ocean Salt - I love this salt and lime scrub. It's clarifying, and massaging. I love it.
6. Shu eyelash curler - I'm obsessed with my lashes. No matter what, I need to curl them and apply tons of mascara. Then I feel ready to tackle whatever comes my way!
Thanks for reading! I've got to get back work, but I'll check back to see if there are comments =). Do you go scent and spa crazy during tough times too? I'm fascinated to know what scents people like. It says so much about their personality. I'm obviously a pink bottle type girl. Mr. Lovey is a woodsy type guy. What about you?