When the clock struck twelve on New Year's eve, my my mind hit a makeup reset button. I found myself reaching for natural and fresh tones. Here is what I used the most during January:
1. Urban Decay Naked 2 palette - I've used this palette almost every single day since I purchased it in early January. My most used colors include Bootycall, Tease, Pistol, Chopper, Snakebite, and Busted. (See my NAKED2 review and swatches here)
2. OPI Tickle my France-y (review and swatch here)
3. OPI Bubble Bath - Bubble bath gives my nail a sheer and polished finish.
4. Revlon Sugar Frosting lip butter -This was my first lip butter love and it did not disappoint.
5. Revlon Strawberry Shortcake lip butter is a fresh and cool pink (review and swatches here)
6. Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in Orchid Hush - I love the slight lavender tones (review and swatches here)
7. NARS Concealer in Vanilla - I like to carry this around in my purse to cover up blemishes during the day. I like that it's not reflective and can be used for purposes other than under-eye concealing.
8. NARS Mayflower lipstick - a sheer strawberry pink
9. NARS Belle de Jour lipstick - a sheer peachy nude
10. Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Smoke - I'm experimenting with this as an eyebrow color.
The colors remind me of multicolored pebbles bathed in cold water of a New England beach. I think they'd look great with a striped nautical shirt, don't you think? I guess my imagination is in the mood for traveling lately. What sort of color palette do you find yourself reaching for in the new year? Have you been traveling at all this winter? Thanks for reading!