Monday, September 5, 2011
August was a bare bones type makeup month for me. I didn't find much color inspiration and reached for the same things over and over again. As you can see in the photo above, I'm starting to make a dent in my NARS Grand Palais palette. The silver taupe has become the base color for most eye looks I do lately.
My focus this month has been on eyeliner and mascara. I love the lasting power of my NARS Larger Than Life eyeliners. I also rediscovered an appreciation for my Bobbi Brown Gel liners. My experience with mascara has been lukewarm. I opened three tubes this month because I was disappointed with the results from the first two samples (Laura Mercier and Smashbox). I've been reasonably satisfied with an Estee Lauder primer and mascara sample so far. The poor mascara performance this month surprised me because many of my past mascaras have been great. This inspired me to search out and try new mascaras in the future.
My August Favorites:
1. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Ceylan
2. NARS Coconut Grove eyeshadow single
3. NARS Grand Palais eyeshadow duo
4. Bobbi Brown Expresso Ink Gel eyeliner - draws a perfect line.
5. NARS Larger Than Life eyeliner in Madison Ave.
6. NARS Larger Than Life eyeliner in Via Veneto
7. NARS Smudgeproof eyeshadow base - my new favorite eyeshadow base
8. Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Blondie Pink - a natural light nude pink.
August Favorites on my blogroll this month:
The Former Girl at Bar -Lexi and I are both on the hunt for the perfect mascara this month!
Steal My Heart Lovee has some serious MAC Semiprecious MSF eye candy.
Ebrushka's Makeup Bag has a beautiful selection, including her go-to MAC palette.
Raspberry Rouge has pretty peachy coral Chanels.
Beauty Vigilante 's first favorite post ever!
Kelly's Makeup Bag has the pretty MAC Dashing Lassies palette.
Thanks for reading my August Favorites post! I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Labor Day weekend by taking a nap and getting back to work. Hope everyone had a great weekend =)