Saturday, October 8, 2011
Bobbi Brown Ultimate Party Collection palette (Holiday 2011) - swatches
Earlier this week I posted photos of my Bobbi Brown Ultimate Party Collection palette for Holiday 2011. As promised, I'm posting swatches of the eyeshadows in this palette.
The color swatches include:
1. Navajo - is a metallic near white eyeshadow.
2. Chrome Patina- is a light taupey grey shimmer wash eyeshadow.
3. Pewter - is a pewter, or golden silver, chrome eyeshadow that was released as a limited edition color in 2009. I love this color!
4. Plum Steel - is a dusty purple metallic eyeshadow.
5. Plum Navy - is a matte plum eyeshadow.
6. Crushed Granite - is a shimmery light purple eyeshadow. It's a sparkle eyeshadow, so it has more sparkle, but less base color.
7. Antique Gold - is an orange-gold metallic eyeshadow
8. Black Topaz - is a gold-grey eyeshadow. It seems to have a tinge of green as well.
If you aren't familiar with Bobbi's eyeshadow finishes, I'll give a brief summary. Eye shadow refers to her well pigmented matte shadows. Metallic eye shadows are well pigmented eyeshadows with a shiny/metallic finish. The metallic finish is much more subtle than your typical Urban Decay or other brands' idea of metallic finishes. Shimmerwash eye shadows also have shimmer and shine, but are more subtle than the metallic eye shadows. They also tend to to be more sheer. Sparkle eye shadows have a very sparkly and sheer finish. Chrome is a finish that was limited edition, I believe. To me, it seems to be similar to the metallic finish.
My favorite eyeshadows have been Chrome Patina, Pewter, and Plum Navy. I love the cool grey-purple eye I can make from that combination. I hope this was helpful for people looking for swatches of Bobbi Brown's Ultimate Party Collection palette. Thanks for reading!