Sunday, December 4, 2011
November Favorites + new baubles
1. NARS Turkish Delight lip gloss- This is a new acquisition from the Sephora VIB sale (which reminds me, I haven't posted my haul yet). Recently, I have a new appreciation for NARS lip glosses. I generally don't like lip glosses since most cause my lips to dry or, worse, peel. I find that NARS glosses seem to be comfortable for my lips and don't cause these unwanted effects. It is true that there is an initially unpleasant chemical smell, however I'm willing to deal with that if my lips stay in good condition. Turkish delight is pale milky pink. It's a nice counterpart to Greek Holiday lip gloss (below) when I want a gloss without sparkle.
2. NARS Greek Holiday lip gloss- I've had this for a while now. Greek Holiday is such a versatile gloss. It works well with most lighter lipsticks I have. It's a gloss with sparkle in a sandy-pink base.
3. Bobbi Brown Pale Mauve lipstick- This is a pretty pale pink that goes with so many looks. It was a nice counterpart to the navy in my eyeshadow duo. More photos here.
4. Butter London Toff nail polish- more photos and review here.
5. L'Oreal Owl's Night nail polish- more photos and review here
6. Chanel Graphite nail polish- more photos and review here
7. NARS Mandchourie eyeshadow duo- I used this almost every day. I thought the colors would be difficult to use, however they can be sheered out nicely for daytime. More photos and review here.
During my Thanksgiving visit to my parent's home, I did a little accessory shopping. Above are some earrings I bought. I like shopping in more suburban stores for fun earrings. There are always good finds, often at a discount. The Mediterranean blue earrings are a find from Talbots. I'm quite enamored with them. The hoops are Liz Claiborne and the bronze clustered baubles with chain tassels are MIXIT.
That's all for November! I can already tell that December is going to be a different sort of makeup month for me. I've been favoring darker lip products and more natural eyes. I hope I get use out of my new accessories. I think they're very pretty! I've already had the chance to wear my blue earrings to one occaision. I hope everyone's having a good December so far. I'm getting caught up into the holiday spirit already. Mr. Lovey and I purchased and decorated a little tree today! Thanks for reading.