It's the 11th hour here in the U.S. and I'm posting my top eleven of 2011 before the clock strikes twelve! So without further ado, here are eleven beauty products that merit recognition. I've included links to my past posts for your reference.
1. Dior Aurora bronzer was my favorite cheek product of the year. It gives just the perfect amount of glow and functions as a blush and bronzer. I use cheek products sparingly since I found out this year that they cause my skin to react. However, when I do, Dior Aurora is something that I will reach for.
2. NARS multiple in Luxor is my favorite highlighter. I like it slightly more than Copacabana because I favored cooler tones this year.
NARS nail polish in Vestale is the pale ballerina pink that led me down a pale pink road this year. The finish of Vestale is so glossy that you don't need a top coat. I think there was in improvement made when compared to previous NARS nail polish formulations.
4. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is my favorite foundation. I love the naturally glowy finish that occurs over time. I also like that it has good oil control and looks great in photographs. It's my favorite because it's the best all-around.
5. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation is another great foundation. It's what I like to use in lieu of tinted moisturizers. Vitalumiere aqua is so weightless and comfortable.
6. Chanel Rouge Coco in Peregrina was the object of my obsession ever since the promotional photos emerged. This was very well loved.
7. Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in Bare Pink was my most-used lipstick this year. It's a very wearable pinky nude. If you read Cute and Mundane regularly, you know this is my kind of color! The Rich lip color formulation is so creamy, pigmented, and comfortable.
8. NARS Larger than Life eyeliner in Via Veneto convinced me that there are awesome pencil eyeliners out there. This stays really black and barely smudges (over primer). I was gel eyeliner only girl until this came along. Recently I've reached for this almost every day!
9. My custom MAC quad (Soot, Yogurt, Scene, and Vex) was my first foray into MAC eyeshadows. I used this quad so often. Scene (light blue-grey) is my most worn grey this year. I love combining it with Vex (beige sheen).
10. NARS Dogon eyeshadow duo is my vote for the best NARS duo this year. I think that says a lot!
11. NARS Coconut Grove is such a versatile color. It's such a rich cool brown that's great for deepening any look. I used it every day to shade in my brows as well.
Thanks for reading my last post of the year! I'm off to watch the Time's square countdown in a few minutes. See you in the New Year!